Monday 30 January 2012

Review: Garnier B.B. Cream Miracle Skin Perfector

in Light


Now I'm sure you have all heard about B.B. cream as it has been the craze of the moment lately. It has been a huge hit in Asia and has recently been brought to the UK and America where it has been an instant best seller. B.B stands for blemish balm and the cream is meant to 'even tone and boost glow, blur imperfections, smooth lines, give 24hr hydration, and has SPF 15'   It has a recommended age use of between under 20 to 40 and is basically a tinted moisturizer but with that little extra..boost.

It comes in a 50ml small tube which fits into a makeup bag perfectly. I did however think it being this size would mean it would run out quickly but I've had it over three weeks now and have worn it pretty much everyday and it hasn't shown any signs of running out anytime soon. It has a peachy tone to it (check out my concealer review where I expressed the importance for this here) so it blends in with my skin tone really well. It only has a very light coverage so it won't hide any blemishes but it will cover any kind of blotchy-ness on your skin and dull the redness of those spots. It just gives you a really nice overall even skin-tone and with a small bit of concealer you cant go wrong. This being called 'blemish balm' however led me to believe it would help get rid of my spots and be better for my skin then foundation but  it hasn't really helped that, my existing spots haven't gone (yes they haven't gotten bigger either) and I have gained yet more smaller spots. So I do believe on the skin front it's better to use my mac powder although this does give me a guilty-free feeling and it is very moisturizing so I'm drawn between the two! Which should I wear on a everyday basis?? Heeelp


In these pictures (before and after) it doesn't really show much difference but in real life my skin looks a lot smoother and even and I have a much healthier skin tone.

Before:

 After:

This product costs around £7.49 and I don't actually know if I would buy it again, yes its good and has done what it says it's meant to on the box but I don't know if prefer powder then tinted moisturizer so I'm a bit drawn between two products at the moment. It does have a good staying power but you will need to top up on concealer if you want a day long flawless coverage. 

Have any of you tried bb cream? What did you think?

Ditzy Doll
xxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm always confused as to whether I want a BB cream.
    They sound amazing but I haven't yet seen one that would give the coverage I feel I need for the amount that they cost. If I had amazing skin then sure, it would be all I needed but I and most others don't have amazing skin...and therefore this isn't enough!
    Still tempted to buy one tho ;)

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are pretty light coverage yet make your skin look so nice! I think it would be worth getting one for those 'good' days on the skin front! and days when you're not doing anything fancy but want to look a bit brighter
      Thanks for the follow!!

      Delete