Thursday 19 January 2012

Review: Benefit Mascara

They're Real in black


Yet another mascara review for you today ;)... When I first heard about this mascara coming out I really wasn't interested and just passed it off as another one of Benefit's faulty over priced products (not everything is but some products from benefit are shockingly bad for the price they are sold at) until I saw an American shopping channel talking about it, explaining the product and what it does, and when they put the 'before and after' photos on the screen I was blown away, the difference was mind blowing. The person's eyelashes were so long and separated and just generally amazing!! It was like the mascara I have been looking for all these years and I had finally found it! So straight away it went on my christmas list... sadly to my dismay come christmas day I didn't get it... luckily not long after christmas I have my birthdaay so I asked for it again and my Gran gave it to me along with 'watt's up' (review to follow soon) I was so happy and couldn't wait to try it out! One thing I love about this mascara is the little quote on the back of the bottle 'beyond mascara' I thought this was a nice enticing touch.
 The first time I used it I really wasn't blown away by it's effect but as I've used it more and more my love for it has increased and compared to my other mascaras it definitely goes that little extra step. As I said in my previous post, I am very picky about my mascaras and still haven't found that dream mascara  I need but this is the closest yet. According to Benefit this mascara is supposed to add length, curl, volume, lift and separation. As you can see in the photos below it definitely adds length which is fantastic!! It adds a small amount of curl but not masses, you would have to use a lash curler before hand for a proper curl! It gives great definition and separates my lashes brilliantly. The one downfall for this mascara is that it doesn't add volume to my lashes at all. If anything it thins them out... overall though thats ticking 3 boxes and a half out of 5 so benefit is sticking to its words well... can't say this happens a lot though... you can also see it compared to another benefit mascara that I'm sure you all know about 'BAD gal lash' now to me these mascaras look pretty much the same in these pictures...

Before:                                                                                        After:


Compared to Bad Gal Lash:


This product lasts pretty much all day with little fall out, although you do lose that length and curl by the end of the day. All in all this product is really good and definitely up there in my top three mascaras. It costs £18.50 and only comes in black for the time being, this is by far the most I've ever spent on a mascara and it is ridiculously expensive but I would buy it again as it does perform well and does pretty much everything it's said to do.

What are your top three mascaras?

Till next time,
Ditzy Doll xxxx



9 comments:

  1. Hannah, love the blog! Fellow Blogger newbie here. Nice reviews! I'll follow you if you follow me :D
    -panda
    xxxx
    awkwardpandamusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you so much !! yeh sure thing hun, follow me and I'll follow you right back xxxx

      Delete
    2. Can you add a follower gadget so I can follow you? ^^"
      -panda

      Delete
    3. There should be one right at the top of the page, its a yellow bar that says 'follow' on it x

      Delete
    4. Sorry Hannah I see no bar :( It could just be my computer...
      xxxx

      Delete
    5. Oh thats weird /: I'll put the tab back on and then u can follow xxxxx

      Delete