Saturday 4 February 2012

Review: Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation

in Fawn 040

This product is just so cool, when I first saw an advert for it I knew I had to try it out! I wasn't expecting much, it was going to be more of a fun product and when I found it in Superdrug for a discounted price I bought it before I could change my mind. 

At first when you spray it out an absolute mass comes onto your hands so it's extremely hard to fine the right shade and takes whole load of baby wipes, but once you get the hang of it you can get out a small size amount. This product has to be applied with fingers as a sponge doesn't give any coverage and is very hard to blend. So for this reason when I first used it I really didn't like it but after trying it with my fingers it worked really well for me. 


One thing you have to watch out for with this product is that it dries a different colour to what is in the bottle, so if you don't work it right up to the hair line and down your neck then you'll get really bad tide lines, trust me I have suffered from this with this product and it's not pretty! This doesn't dry with a liquid finish however it dries more like a powder so is totally buildable without looking cakey which is really good!

Before: 
 
After:                                  

All in all it retails at £8.99 and isn't heavy on the skin or cakey yet gives great coverage as well as been super cool and fun to apply! I would definitely buy this again and is a great 'weekend' foundation. 

Have you tried a foam foundation before? What did you think?


Finally thought I'd show you my background on my phone that I am in love with !! I love anything horsey and am a crazy keen rider so when I saw this I had to set it as my background! (Took it a few days ago that's why the date is wrong)

Ditzy Doll
xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I've been intruiged by this foundation for a while now, so thanks for reviewing it! Do you use as much product in the picture, or is that just the large amount that comes out the first time?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! No you should use a bit less then that, it should really be around the size of a walnut but if you get too much out it doesn't matter as it won't go cakey. It's smaller then the amount that comes out first time though, first time absolutely loaads comes out, like the size of an orange.
      xxxx

      Delete